Mototech Storm Balaclava review, after a week of usage. I needed one, given that Bangalore (after a long time) was getting a bit chilly in the nights. Glad that we had a club meet at a motorcycle store, time to give them some business.
Its time to raid the cleaning cabinet for some supplies. Lets get to cleaning that helmet you’ve not cleaned in a long time. More so if you’ve gone and got yourself a white helmet due to everything you read about improved visibility yada yada.
This is a page that lists the gear we are currently using. Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding them. Products that have been reviewed are linked. Continue reading “Our Riding Gear”
This is the review of the FirstGear Mesh-Tex 2 Jacket which I borrowed for for a track day.
This is a great jacket for India because of the mesh material of which it’s made. It keeps the person wearing it really cool in hot weather as air passes through it.
It’s almost like wearing only a T-shirt and riding. It comes with padding at the standard places. I used it on the track for a track day and the Velcro lined straps on the arms make the jacket adjustable to just about anyone and keeps the jacket in place without buffeting around.
The jacket actually comes with a liner, which is supposed to provide good wind break and keep the rider relatively warm. But I never got a chance to test it as I didn’t take that from Sam while taking the jacket. So, I can’t really comment on that. If you plan to wear this jacket early mornings or late nights better take a sweater or fleece along as it can get really chilly without it.
This is a great buy for anyone in the tropical climates like in India. Felt bad returning the jacket!
Some advertised features
- Rated ‘Best Buy’ in Motorcycle Consumer News, July 2002
- Ballistic mesh nylon shell, totally vented for warm weather riding comfort
- Perforated EVA shoulder and elbow armor with EVA foam back pad
- Perforated nylon lining for maximum airflow in warm weather
- Zippered hand-warmer pockets and inside wallet pocket for additional storage
- Adjustable sleeve cuffs and adjustable waist ensures a comfortable fit
- Includes removable windbreaker liner
- Advertised price: $137
- Price on purchase: On trial loan (thanks Samarth)
- Date of purchase: N.A
- Used since: One track weekend ride, February 2006.
- Terrain: Track day + Long ride (800+ kms)
- Made in: China
- Similar products on this site: Fieldsheer Mach 2 Jacket
This Joe Rocket glove is a great glove for riding in cool temperatures/ in the night. I have been using it everyday while returning from work and it’s held up well. Continue reading “Joe Rocket glove – Hard Drive”