The third round of the 2008 UCAL Rolon National Road Racing championship will be held at Chennai on 8/9/10th August, 2008. Chennai has always had a bigger crowd of spectators than Coimbatore and hope to see more people at the track this time around.
The TVS Race a Bike Scheme will also be held on on 8th and 9th August, 2008, ie; Friday practice and Saturday races.
It is proposed to start a racing school for beginners at the MMST Track , supported by TVS Motor Company Limited and organized by Madras Motor Sports Club. How many of you would be interested?
Features of the Racing School
- The scheme is to train fresh riders who wish to join bike racing. There will be a theory session which will instruct the riders on basic track rules and practical sessions with bikes being made available by TVS Motor Company Ltd.
- The instructor is Mr.Preetam Dev Moses, a National riding champion and a member of Team TVS Racing.
- Participants will be minimum 10; maximum 20 per school, and many dates will be declared, enabling riders to choose the dates. Initially, the dates are June 17, July 1 and 15, 2007
- Certificates will be issued by MMSC.
- It is proposed to charge Rs. 1000/=, which will be towards cost of fuel and food (Rs.500) , use of Track, half day (Rs. 200) and to the instructor (Rs.300).
- From 2008, it is proposed that anyone seeking a bike under the TVS Race a Bike scheme, should have undergone this schooling session.
- It is proposed to conduct the school from Saturday afternoon to Sunday lunch time.
Will post up as we get more information.
This is something that even I plan to attend, because there is always something you can learn and improve during these sessions. Learning is a never ending process.
Update: I did attend this, along with Killer. Will post something on this at a later point in time.
With nearly 70 racers in the fray, the qualifying day races of Round 1 of the Ucal Rolon National Racing Championship for two wheelers at Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore saw the riders at their aggressive best as they went all out to grab the premium positions in the grid. Double pole for Ashwin Sundar and K. Rajini
Continue reading “Qualifying results from Round 1 Ucal Rolon National Racing Championship 2007”
Details of the prizes and awards for 2007 two wheeler National Road Racing Championship. Its obvious that the racers on the track are not here for the money but their passion of racing. Continue reading “Prizes for 2007 National Championship”
This is the comprehensive list of the racing classes for the 2007 Indian National Road Racing Championship. You can take a look at this list to understand what classes you can participate in. Naturally, some of the classes are cheaper to run, especially if you are looking at doing this with minimal monetary and technical support. There’s a class for everyone. Continue reading “Racing classes for the 2007 Indian National Road Racing Championship”