It is proposed to start a racing school for beginners at the MMST Track , supported by TVS Motor Company Limited and organized by Madras Motor Sports Club. How many of you would be interested?
Features of the Racing School
- The scheme is to train fresh riders who wish to join bike racing. There will be a theory session which will instruct the riders on basic track rules and practical sessions with bikes being made available by TVS Motor Company Ltd.
- The instructor is Mr.Preetam Dev Moses, a National riding champion and a member of Team TVS Racing.
- Participants will be minimum 10; maximum 20 per school, and many dates will be declared, enabling riders to choose the dates. Initially, the dates are June 17, July 1 and 15, 2007
- Certificates will be issued by MMSC.
- It is proposed to charge Rs. 1000/=, which will be towards cost of fuel and food (Rs.500) , use of Track, half day (Rs. 200) and to the instructor (Rs.300).
- From 2008, it is proposed that anyone seeking a bike under the TVS Race a Bike scheme, should have undergone this schooling session.
- It is proposed to conduct the school from Saturday afternoon to Sunday lunch time.
Will post up as we get more information.
This is something that even I plan to attend, because there is always something you can learn and improve during these sessions. Learning is a never ending process.
Update: I did attend this, along with Killer. Will post something on this at a later point in time.