Honda released the all the details of the their new 2015 Honda CBR 300R’s two versions. As of now, I have no idea when they plan to release the CBR 500, as they had announced during the Auto Expo 2014 in January. The current CBR 250R is already a relatively nice reliable motorcycle, and if this is anything like it, its already a great hit.
Here is the press release with all the details, specifications and photos of the new motorcycle.
More color variations and pics ahead.
Great for beginners and experienced riders alike, the new CBR300R packs a 300-class engine that delivers a 17-percent boost in peak power compared to the CBR250R. Thanks to a full sport fairing, new dual headlights and new exhaust system, the CBR300R has the look of a serious sport bike. With more power, nimble handling, an affordable price and low operating cost, the CBR300R—also available with optional ABS—makes every ride a fun one.
Features and Benefits – 2015 Honda CBR300R (ABS)
- Engine displaces 286cc for added power throughout the rev range.
- A new crankshaft and connecting rod create a longer engine stroke (up to 63mm from 55mm compared to the CBR250R) to add 37cc of displacement.
- Remapped PGM-FI fuel injection produces crisp throttle response throughout the rev range.
- High-quality full-coverage fairing with dual headlights evokes the styling of Honda’s flagship CBR1000RR supersport bike.
- New CBR500R-inspired exhaust system features larger internal volume for increased performance, enhanced appearance and a throaty exhaust note.
- New seat and side covers provide an easier reach to the ground.
- Shorter stalks on mirrors give a new, sleeker look.
- Affordable pricing: $4399 for the standard model, $4899 for ABS version.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
2015 Honda CBR300R (ABS) Specifications
|Model:||CBR300R / CBR300R ABS|
|Engine Type:||286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke:||76.0mm x 63.0mm|
|Valve Train:||DOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction:||PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body|
|Ignition:||Computer-controlled digital transistor with electronic advance|
|Final Drive:||#520 O-ring-sealed chain|
|Suspension||Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travelRear: Pro-Link single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel|
|Brakes||Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 296mm discRear: Single-caliper 220mm discOptional ABS (CBR300R ABS)|
|Tires||Front: 110/70-17 radialRear: 140/70-17 radial|
|Rake (Caster angle):||25° 30’|
|Trail:||98mm (3.9 inches)|
|Seat Height:||30.7 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||3.4 gallons|
|Estimated Fuel Economy**:||71 MPG|
|Colors:||Black, Red, Pearl White/Red/Blue, Matte Black Metallic/Yellow|
|Curb Weight*:||357 pounds (CBR300R) / 364 pounds (CBR300R ABS)|
Gallery of 2015 CBR 300R ABS
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.